Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Island, My Dream

I know what I want from life. The place I want to be, the place I want to work for. I guess I'm lucky in this, that even if I don't know what I'll do with my life, or where I'm going, I know what I want.

Sometime down the road, I'll get a job, maybe even this summer. I'd like to work at a game store, or even a clothing store. Sorting stuff is fine by me, and at least I know what I'm talking about with games. Hot Topic would be fun, as I look the part of a Goth already, and I can glare at everyone.

Someday, preferably at the start of college, I can get a computer. If I can get software as part of a student package, it'll be a Mac, but otherwise I'm leaning towards a PC. There's just more free-ware that works on Windows. I need a scanner so I can convert my sketches and notes to a digital format. The more my life is digitalized, the better. Most of my friends are online, and they're all I need anyway.

I'll sell all of my stuff, and just have a bank account and my computer. Stuff is too much of a hassle anyway. These days books, music, and even my art can all be had in computer files. So, I'll get an apartment to store my computer in, and live happily. I can write, draw, and chat without ever seeing the accursed sun, and rot away out of sight, and out of mind. This is my island, this is my dream.

No comments: