Friday, March 16, 2007

Wise words

A friend of mine was discussing this blog post with me today, and he said something which I think is important enough to be shared with any readers I may have now or gain in the future.

"I've never felt the smallest inkling of desire to try drugs or to smoke weed or any of that, and it's not because of some high-and-mighty, holier-than-thou attitude, it's not because I'm feeding into the propaganda machine, it's not because I think druggies smell bad and have no fashion sense (well, that's beside the point). When I was about your age, which wasn't really all that long ago, there were options like this presented to me. As it is for all young folk reaching adulthood. And it becomes the question, not of what others tell you is right or wrong, but what you determine to be right and what consequences you're willing to live with because of your actions. Just remember that doing drugs simply because a peer is pressuring you to is not only removing the power of controlling your destiny from your hands but is also, and this part is key, not going to produce positive long-term results. The consequences will be yours to deal with."

Sharing thoughts,
T

No comments: