Wednesday, March 14, 2007

One of those days...

So, today was one of those days. What kind of day, one of those. To be more specific, the kind of day where you feel disillusioned about everything, filled with a truth that does nothing to satisfy or improve, but only brings you down. The grim realization that most of what you do is futile in the grand scope of things. Every day will blur, eventually, and most memories will be forgotten.

I walked through the halls, watching the people in my school. Every one talked, animated gestures, expressions of joy, sorrow, or rage bedecking their faces like the fashion of the year. Every one of them takes the day so seriously, like it's the most important thing in the world. But when I watched them, hearing only music from my iPod, I saw the hollow truth behind it all. Most of what we do will amount to nothing, most of what we feel doesn't matter, and if someone were to kill every single one of these people, in 10 years, it would be nothing but an article in some newspaper archivew that most people acknowledge with a simple nod before changing the topic of conversation, just another "unfortunate tragedy" in our lives.

The sad part is, there is no moral to the story of our lives, unless one can delude himself so far as to see one. I will continue to live this pointless life, even though I am not sure of any purpose. Maybe some day I can delude myself and rejoin the blind masses who enjoy life, some day I can be ignorant again.

~ T

No comments: